The main objective is to provide Monitoring and Evaluation Services in support to UNSOS in Somalia. Monitoring services will focus on responding to ongoing requests to review and assess the Strategic Communication and Public Information activities undertaken by UNSOS, UNSOM and ATMIS. As part of these services, Particip will provide 24/7 automated/recorded monitoring for all broadcasted client radio and television programs as well as UNSOS-supported community radios for the duration of the contract. Evaluation services shall include in-depth desk reviews of relevant documents, interviews, field visits, focus group discussions, surveys and analysis of public opinion.
Task Area 1: Monitoring.
- Conduct a systematic review and assessment of the Strategic Communication and Public Information (AU/UN/IST) project, comment on its relevance, and recommend measures necessary for improvement.
- Assess the reach and impact of the AU/UN/IST project outputs based on program objectives.
- Recommend specific action necessary to improve the project’s effectiveness and include additional resources required for implementation of such recommendations. Where necessary, the evaluation shall propose changes and revisions in the approaches, organization, management approach, and prioritization of AU/UN/IST activities to ensure achievement of objectives, sustainability of results, and minimize possible risks.
- Consistently monitor operations of the AU/UN/IST and similar organizations to generate ideas for new and creative strategic communication perspectives and approaches.
- Provide 24/7 automated/recorded monitoring for all broadcasted client radio and television programs as well as UNSOS supported community radios for the duration of the contract.
Task Area 2: Evaluation:
The contractor shall demonstrate their capability to:
- Review project documents, work plans, annual and semi-annual reports, performance monitoring plans, and other related technical documents.
- Interview key stakeholders including program related clients, government counterparts and civil society representatives, TCCs.
- Conduct specific field visits and observe the activities in action.
- Conduct focus groups and surveys of audiences to measure impact of project services and outputs.
- Design and implement baseline, mid-line and end-line opinion polls and surveys of Somali citizens’ perceptions of the clients’ stabilization efforts.
- Conduct a critical analysis of public opinion evolution and identify new developments in the public domain that could be leveraged to shape public opinion.
- Conduct an objective assessment of AU/UN/IST strengths and weaknesses.
- Conduct Focus Group Discussions (FGDs).
- Generate situation analysis and issue-based briefing papers.