Support for programme management and implementation of the OPSYS ecosystem
BUSINESS ANALYST - SECTOR 1 - SENIOR KEY EXPERT
Business analyst - Sector 1 - senior KEY Expert
OPSYS is the information system used by the European Commission (EC) in the area of External Actions. The project aims to support a new and more collaborative way of working that involves EU staff, economic operators, and grant beneficiaries in the management of the EU External Relations portfolio of interventions under the shared governance of INTPA, NEAR, FPI, DIGIT and RTD.
Three tracks have been created within the OPSYS programme: (1) Results and monitoring (2) Procurement, calls for proposals and contract management (3) Programming, actions, and Commission financing decisions. These tracks are also linked by several horizontal dimensions (business architecture, UX, migration, change management, etc.)
In the framework of track 3, the R5 work is currently consisting of in:
- Fine-tuning and testing the features that will be put in production in the very next months in the context of a first Minimum Viable Product (MVP);
- Supporting the supplier (DG DIGIT) and the customers with several successive UATs;
- Analysing the new requirements currently identified to go beyond the MVP.
Main tasks will include:
- Business Management: Together with the business management team, continuous definition of the requirements for a minimum viable product for Track 3.
- Functional requirements and business case analyses. While doing this work, investigate the potential scope for simplification, rationalisation, and harmonisation of the business processes.
- Testing on the basis of interaction with the users, including through mock-ups and prototypes whenever relevant.
- Operational Management: Longer-term planning of the development for the modules.
- Budget Management: Perform the analysis over the full business scope for the OPSYS, with a priority over the Track 3 and the budget planning and management.
- Contract Management
- Ensure the relationships between OPSYS Tracks 2 and 3 whenever necessary.
- Any other tasks identified during the project implementation in line with the project’s needs.
Qualifications and skill
- Master degree or equivalent diploma in one of the followings fields: economics, engineering, public administration, computer sciences or in absence of degree. In its absence, the master degree can be replaced by 5 years of professional experience in one or more of these fields, in addition to the minimum general professional experience;
- Knowledge of project management standards and methodologies (for example Agile3);
- A demonstrated knowledge of business analysis and business requirements;
- Knowledge and experience of PRAG rules and financial regulations;
- Knowledge of administrative business processes in organizations of at least 50 people;
- Language skills: Fluency in English (C1/C2).
Specific professional experienceMandatory
- Good knowledge of the Cycle of Operations for EU external action;
- Knowledge of Business Process Optimization;
- Language skills: Knowledge of French (at least B2)
- At least 8 years’ experience in business analysis/process modelling in large organizations operational business processes.
- Experience with large IT related projects;
- Experience in business architecture
- Experience in EC
Please note that only candidates with a Belgian work permit or European citizenship can be considered for this position.
- Category: Senior expert
- Dedication: 100%
- Start date: at earliest possible time
- Duration: in line with the Consortium’s contract with the client
- Remuneration: Commensurate with the position and experience
- Type of contract: Freelance
- Location of assignment: Belgium. Consultant’s place of residence (home) or the Contractor’s premises as long as they are located within an operational distance of maximum 2h from the Commission’s premises (near-site).