Project Assistant (m/f/d)
In-house position (full time) as Project Assistant (m/f/d) for our Team "Communication / Governance"
Particip GmbH works all over the world, managing projects and providing consultancy services with a focus on international development cooperation. We work for various international and national clients such as the European Commission or the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation (BMZ), coordinating interdisciplinary and multinational teams for short and long-term assignments in developing, transition and industrialised countries and supporting them with methodological and technical know-how.
Our headquarters are in Freiburg, a charming sunny city in the South of Germany, where we enjoy working in a modern, energy-efficient building with offices for every two colleagues. Our working language is English, but our team comes from all over the world to manage our projects in many different countries.
Providing support to project managers in the bidding for – and delivery of – service contracts for international clients such as the European Commission, UN agencies, the GIZ and other bilateral development organisations. This can include:
- Organising and carrying out all the secretarial tasks required, respecting precise project procedures.
- Drafting and formatting project documentation in English (reports, presentations, minutes, and translations).
- Maintaining our file structure and managing our information systems / databases.
- Monitoring project finances by checking invoices and updating project controlling excel spreadsheets.
- Compiling documents and preparing invoices in close coordination with the responsible project manager.
- Making travel arrangements, organising logistics and preparing visa applications.
- Providing support for the organisation of events and campaigns in accordance with the specific needs of the projects (e.g., assisting with the development of communication and visibility material, helping with the management of websites, social / digital / online media campaigns),
- Communicating with international experts and partners in English for administrative and logistical purposes.
- You have relevant professional qualifications (academic credentials and/or professional experience as a team assistant) ideally with accounting qualifications.
- You are proactive.
- Very good skills in MS Word and Excel are compulsory (maintaining Excel databases, financial monitoring in Excel, comfortable with the Word functions required to draft and format lengthy reports and publications).
- Very good oral and written English skills (C2 in the Common European Framework) are required. Knowledge of German/French and any additional language would be an asset.
- You are flexible, service-oriented, reliable, and responsible.
- You are able to work independently and with attention to detail, reminding the team of deadlines and next steps.
- You enjoy working in a team and have good intercultural communication skills.
What we offer
- An internationally oriented and varied set of tasks
- A pleasant working environment in an international, dynamic team
- An extensive, structured on-boarding with on-the-job training
- Flat hierarchies with streamlined communication and decision-making processes
- A workspace in a modern energy-plus building which is easily reachable via public transport
The contract is initially limited to one year, which can be renewed. Ideally, we would like you to start in January 2024.
Please send your application (cover letter and CV in English, along with academic and professional supporting documentation) as soon as possible or at the latest by 14th December 2023.
Incoming applications will be screened on a continual basis so the position may be filled before the closing date.
We look forward to hearing from you!