Support for programme management and implementation of the OPSYS ecosystem
Junior Business Analyst
Junior Business Analyst - eProcurement and Contract Execution
The project:OPSYS is the information system used by the European Commission (EC) in the area of External Actions. The overall objective of the project is to deliver and make operational this new information system replacing inter alia the existing CRIS system, addressing gaps, supporting the new INTPA, NEAR, FPI and EC strategies as well as engaging in a business transformation starting with the harmonisation/simplification of business processes.
The programme aims to support a new and more collaborative way of working that involves EU staff, economic operators, and grant beneficiaries in the management of the EU External Relations portfolio of interventions under the shared governance of INTPA, NEAR, FPI, DIGIT and RTD.
Three tracks have been created within the OPSYS programme:(1) Results and monitoring(2) Procurement, calls for proposals and contract management(3) Programming, actions, and Commission financing decisions.
These tracks are also linked by several horizontal dimensions (business architecture, UX, migration, change management, etc.).
The core team includes key experts (KEs) who, with the support of non-key experts, serve the purposes of this contract set as follows:
Purpose 1: Provide support to the business owner (system owner) in areas covered by the OPSYS programme and in line with the Commission PM2 standards for:
- business management in terms of inter alia requirements, tests, process management,
- programme management,
- change management,
- provision of ad hoc long term and short term expertise
: Provide support to the IT supplier from a business point of view, specifically in terms of expertise in the areas of user experience, data migration or quality assurance.
Main tasks will include:Support the Business Manager with the following activities:
- Contribution and advice on issues related to financial and contractual aspects of contract management with a view to drafting business requirements;
- Drafting or proof-checking business requirements for managing contracting procedures;
- Advise and verify the description and mapping of Business Process for procurement and contracting procedures;
- Contribution to the corporate Business Process Modelling exercises for contract management in collaboration with other DGs (BUDG, DIGIT, GROW, JRC, etc.);
- Contribution and coordination for the elaboration and validation of legal templates to be integrated in the system;
- Contribute to the analysis and recommendations with respect to the simplification and harmonisation of procedures with other DGs of the Commission;
- Testing on the basis of interaction with the users, including through mock-ups and prototypes whenever relevant, and through the preparation of the pilot;
- Any other tasks identified during the project implementation in line with the project’s needs.
- Level of education corresponding to Level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework (typically corresponds to a master’s level or 5 years of higher education);
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant professional experience after the completion of a master’s degree or without a master’s degree, the equivalent professional experience would be 7 years;
- Knowledge of IT systems;
- Knowledge of the functioning of the EU institutions, particularly of EU external action;
- Fluency in English;
- Experience in international cooperation.
- Knowledge of EU Procurement rules and possibly External Action Practical Guide (PRAG), procurement operations, financial rules and regulation is an asset;
- Experience in Public Procurement or Public Finance at EC or other International Organization(s) is an asset;
- Previous experience in Finance and Contracts, procurement and contract management procedures is an asset.
Please note that only candidates with a Belgian work permit or European citizenship can be considered for this position.
- Good communication skills;
- Strategic thinking skills;
- Proactive attitude, customer oriented and results;
- Rapid self-starting capability and experience in team working;
- Capability of working in an international/ multicultural environment.
Selection process: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. We expect to receive a high number of applications so only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.