Support for programme management and implementation of the OPSYS ecosystem
Junior Project Manager Officer
Junior Project Manager Officer
The General Directorate of “International Partnerships” (DG INTPA) of the European Commission defines and implements the development and cooperation programs in third countries and finances them with the dedicated budget of the European Commission. The definition, execution and control of the cooperation programs and related projects is supported by DG INTPA’s Information Systems.
DG INTPA, DG NEAR and the FPI have jointly committed towards setting up a new operational system (OPSYS) together, to replace the existing CRIS system. The project aims to support a new and more collaborative way of working that involves EU staff, economic operators, and grant beneficiaries in the management of the EU External Relations portfolio of interventions under the shared governance of INTPA, NEAR, FPI, DIGIT and RTD.
Main tasks will include:
- Supporting Program Management Office (PMO);
- Support the overall business managers organization and coordination within INTPA;
- Ensure the coordination and consultation with other associated DGs and prepare inter-service coordination meetings;
- Assist in preparation, documentation and follow-up of program status across different teams;
- Ensure the coordination of Risk Management at Program Level and follow-up on risk actions;
- Creation of adoption dashboards and reports;
- Resolving stakeholder complaints quickly and efficiently;
- Contributing to the success of digital projects and initiatives by keeping stakeholders updated to ensure their adoption of digital solutions;
- Identifying the services needed to ensure stakeholder satisfaction;
- Managing communications and defining strategies to increase results in line with defined adoption targets (from awareness to action);
- Creating and enforcing plans that help meet the needs of stakeholders;
- Reporting to relevant structures.
- Level of education corresponding to Level 7 of the European Qualifications Framework (which typically corresponds to a master’s level or 5 years of higher education);
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a field linked to the assignment;
- Project/Program management experience;
- Ability to participate in multi-lingual meetings (French/English), excellent communication skills at a multi-disciplinary level;
- Ability to learn and adapt to new and changing environment;
- Very good knowledge of MS Office;
- Experience of working in an Agile environment;
- Experience in (or familiarity with) the IT domain is a plus;
- Ability to work autonomously, managing his/her own workload independently, providing status updates, liaising with others and escalating issues as appropriate;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to understand what each stakeholder wants and needs;
- Aptitude to foster positive relationships;
- Problem-solving attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to prepare clear and well-structured documents;
- Teamwork-mindset and ability to work in a friendly, organised, and well-structured;
- Ability to understand, speak and write other EU languages are an advantage.
Please note that only candidates with a Belgian work permit or European citizenship can be considered for this position.
Category: junior expert
Start date: at earliest possible time
Duration: in line with the consortium’s contract with the client, untill maximum 15/04/2026
Remuneration: Commensurate with the position and experience
Type of contract: Freelance
Location of assignment: Brussels and/or EU countries with flexibility to come to Brussels.
Selection process: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed. We expect to receive a high number of applications so only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for an interview.